1. Drawing a proper Safety Policy at Corporate level.
2. Evolving a suitable mechanism for effectively monitoring Safety Policy
3. Continuously reviewing and updating the Safety Policy
4. Establishing a system of periodic mine inspections for assessment of safety status.
5. Conducting independent enquiries into mine accidents and dangerous occurrences
6. Arranging Tripartite Safety Review Meetings twice in a year with the Management, the Directorate of Mines Safety and the Unions
7. Organizing Safety Week, First-aid and Rescue Competitions at Company level
8. Attending at Standing Committee Meetings, National Dust Prevention Committee Meetings, Expert Committee Meetings etc., at the National level
9. Forwarding report to the Ministry and other Govt. bodies after duly approved by the C&MD and other Directors
10. Circulating the follow up action and preparation of compliance reports in respect of the following
a. Recommendations of Safety Conferences.
b. Recommendations of Standing Committee on Safety in Coal Mines
c. Tripartite Safety Review Meetings at Company level.
11. Circulation of DGMS circulars to all the mines and departments
12. Preparation of video-cassettes / CDs on various safety activities
13. Assisting formulation of Risk Management Plans to the Mines and follow up for implementation of the Plans
14. Follow up action on the drawbacks / irregularities pointed out during Safety Audit of the mines
15. Follow up for procurement and supply of safety material to mines
16. Coordinating the DGMS officials regarding safety matters